The Resources panel lets you preview how much work has been assigned.
Workload vs Capacity Thresholds
When a resource is not assigned to any tasks, no workload will be displayed.
When the workload is:
- Less then 75% of the capacity the bar will change Green colour (under-allocation)
- Between 75% and 100% of the capacity the bar will change to Orange colour (moderate allocation)
- Over 100% the bar will change to Red colour (overallocation)
The general rule is that effort is evenly distributed over the duration period. You can switch between two effort modes:
- Original Estimate Mode - use this mode to show planned workload versus the resource capacity.
- Remaining estimate mode - use this mode to show workload history (Spent time), and the remaining workload versus the resource capacity.
Use this mode during the planning phase as the Original estimate of time tracking is used and it is assumed that assignees did not start logging work at this point.
In this mode, the Original Estimate of Time tracking is evenly distributed over the duration period. For example:
Use this mode to monitor the project's execution, as he Remaining estimate of time tracking is used in this case. The remaining effort is evenly distributed starting from the current date.
In this mode, the Remaining duration is evenly distributed over the remaining duration of the task, starting from the current date and the Spent time is evenly distributed over the past duration. In the example below, there is no logged work hence no effort indication before the current date marker.
Display the workload as aggregated values in the following intervals:
- Weekly (weeks count starting from Monday through Sunday)
For example, Cameron planned workload is 163h in September and as it exceed the 160h capacity it is indicated with red color: