Our Gantt can be exported to the following formats:
|Microsoft Excel||.xlsx||BigPicture, BigGantt|
|Microsoft Project||.mpx, mpp, .pdf||BigPicture, BigGantt|
|PDF image||BigPicture, BigGantt|
What can be exported
- Gantt (BigPicture and BigGantt);
- Risk (BigPicture);
- Roadmap (BigPicture);
- Resources (BigPicture).
If you want to use export - simply click Export in the top menu to open the export manager:
MS Excel export notes:
Currently 2 columns are added to clarify Work Breakdown Structure of your project:
- "Parent Key" column points to value from column "Id";
- "Parent Row" columns marks the excel row number of the parent task.
Soon it will be able to import links from your project.
Exported link format - "NT±L", where:
- N - row of the links target task;
- T - link type (FF - finish to finish; FS - finish to start; SF - start to finish; SS - start to start);
- ±L - lag time in days;
- multiple links are exported divided by comma.
Export to XML
Follow these steps:
- open Program/Gantt which you want to export;
- click Export → MSProject → XML;
- after redirecting to document: RightClick → Save as → Save file in .xml extension;
- open this file using your project viewer (MSProject, ProjectLibre, etc.).
2 kinds of PDF
A direct PDF option will export the Gantt as-is on screen. However, if you select PDF from MS Project's format picker, the exported file will have Project's visual styling:
You might have noticed one of the options is greyed-out on our screenshot. This happens if some technical requirements are not met.
To unlock the export manager, you need a licensed copy of our BigTemplate plugin
Unlocking visual exports you will need to install Google Headless Chrome on your server.
(BigPicture) Roadmap, Resources, Risk
- Click "Export" button on page which you want to export;
- Click on appropriate button depends on what exported file's format should be.
- Wait until page loading ends.
- You will get proposal to choose path to save file or it will be saved to your default download folder (depends on browser's settings).