1) Can I use BigTemplate solely or do I need BigPicture/BigGantt as well?
BigTemplate can be purchased and used separately and you neither need to have BigPicture nor BigGantt purchased to be able to make use of BigTemplate. However, note that standalone BigTemplate lets you to export a single Jira issue only.
2) I was trying to install BigTemplate for Jira Cloud but encountered the following issue "The add-on host returned HTTP response code 401 when we tried to contact it during installation. Please try again later or contact the add-on vendor".
3) I was trying to install BigTemplate for Jira Cloud but encountered the following issue "The add-on host returned HTTP response code 500 when we tried to contact it during installation. Please try again later or contact the add-on vendor".
4) I am using Jira Server and was trying to install/update BigTemplate but it failed to enable saying "This add-on failed to enable. Refer to the logs for more information”.
This is most likely a timeout that can often be resolved by performing a Jira restart however, if you experience this quite frequently then consider increasing the timeout that Jira imposes in BigTemplate's loading process. This should prevent the issue from appearing any further. Here are a few steps that you will need to follow:
- Stop Jira,
- Follow instructions from Atlassian KnowledgeBase,
- Add the below to Jira's startup parameters:
- Start Jira.
If by any chance you still fail to get BigTemplate enabled afterwards, please, follow the steps once again but increase the number from 300 to 600. If this also ends up with a failure, contact us via our Portal and enclose a Jira Support Zip to your ticket along with other requested information. To get the logs follow the procedure below:
- Go to Jira Administration > System > Logging and profiling,
- Scroll the page down to Default Loggers section and click Configure logging level for another package,
- Package name: com.softwareplant, Logging level: DEBUG,
- Try to enable the add-on (note the time so we could aim for the right entries in the logs),
- Go to Jira Administration > System > Troubleshooting and support tools > Create support zip,
- Click 'Customize zip' and make sure 'Limit file sizes' option is marked with tick,
- Click Create zip and wait until your support zip file is created,
- Download zip.
5) I work with Jira Cloud and cannot subscribe to BigTemplate.
This might be due to an outage of Atlassian services. Navigate to Atlassian Status and check if Marketplace is operational. If you still cannot get BigTemplate subscribed, contact Atlassian Support.
6) Why we stopped supporting PhantomJS?
PhantomJS served us well for many months but it had some shortcomings that actually made image export functionality within our add-ons less stable than we would have wished it to be.
Commonplace crashes were a cause of numerous issues reported by our customers making the image export very cumbersome, sometimes not even possible.
Also, according to PhantomJS repository owner's official statement made on 2018-03-03, any plan for a version later than 2.1.1 has been effectively abandoned. Of course, later versions of PhantomJS are still being developed and released. But since these are coming out as beta, it is a risky business and we as a vendor simply cannot afford to rely on independent contributors and a potentially non-stable tool as we wish our customers not to be exposed to further issues related to such basic yet essential functionality.
Given the above we've recently made a last-minute decision to entirely transition away from PhantomJS to Headless Chrome, which we really believe will diminish occurrences of crashes affecting our Cloud and Server add-ons. Unfortunately, despite the many advantages of Headless Chrome there is a major limitation due to which we have had to cease supporting export to PNG and JPEG. As soon as this bug is fixed, we'll bring these options back. At this moment please be aware that switching to Headless Chrome leaves you with a single image export option only - PDF.
However, if export to PNG or JPEG is essential, feel encouraged to make use of some free online image converters like this one.
If you haven't found an answer to your question, please, contact us via our Service Desk Portal.