How to install?
It's only a few clicks. Simply go to Jira Administration > Add-ons > 'Find new apps' and type 'bigtemplate' in the search box. Afterwards, just click 'Install', accept the terms and you are almost there.
The plugin installation may take awhile so, be patient. If you see "Installed and ready to go!" pop-up on your screen then the license was detected and you are all set. However, if it's the first time you use BigTemplate you may be required to click and navigate to My Atlassian in order to generate an evaluation license.
Have a look at the GIF below which shows how easy the installation process is.
If you wish to receive automatic email notifications about new versions coming out in the Atlassian Marketplace, feel free to click 'Watch app'. You can stop watching at anytime, but we definitely recommend having the most recent BigTemplate installed. These email alerts are the best way to keep you informed about new versions going live.
If you are a Jira Cloud user you'll get the updates automatically deployed to your Jira Cloud instance.
The pricing can be easily found by going to 'Full pricing details'. The price itself varies depending on a platform.
If this page does not exhaust your questions or you have any other inquiry related to the pricing matter, please, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'd be glad to help. Should you are interested in obtaining up to 20% discount, you might want to take a part in our Success Stories. Sounds good? Contact us via our contact form.
1) Can I use BigTemplate solely or do I need BigPicture/BigGantt as well?
BigTemplate can be purchased and used separately and you neither need to have BigPicture nor BigGantt purchased to be able to make use of BigTemplate. However, note that standalone BigTemplate lets you to export a single Jira issue only.
2) I was trying to install BigTemplate for Jira Cloud but encountered the following issue "The add-on host returned HTTP response code 401 when we tried to contact it during installation. Please try again later or contact the add-on vendor".
If the issue persists contact us via our Portal and leave us the base URL of your Jira Cloud instance e.g. softwareplant.atlassian.net so we could reset your authorization data. This will take just a sec and you should no longer experience the issue afterwards.
3) I was trying to install BigTemplate for Jira Cloud but encountered the following issue "The add-on host returned HTTP response code 500 when we tried to contact it during installation. Please try again later or contact the add-on vendor".
4) I am using Jira Server and was trying to install/update BigTemplate but it failed to enable saying "This add-on failed to enable. Refer to the logs for more information”.
This is most likely a timeout that can often be resolved by performing a Jira restart however, if you experience this quite frequently then consider increasing the timeout that Jira imposes in BigTemplate's loading process. This should prevent the issue from appearing any further. Here are a few steps that you will need to follow:
- Stop Jira,
- Follow instructions from Atlassian KnowledgeBase,
- Add the below to Jira's startup parameters:
- Start Jira.
If by any chance you still fail to get BigTemplate enabled afterwards, please, follow the steps once again but increase the number from 300 to 600. If this also ends up with a failure, contact us via our Portal and enclose a Jira Support Zip to your ticket along with other requested information. To get the logs follow the procedure below:
- Go to Jira Administration > System > Logging and profiling,
- Scroll the page down to Default Loggers section and click Configure logging level for another package,
- Package name: com.softwareplant, Logging level: DEBUG,
- Try to enable the add-on (note the time so we could aim for the right entries in the logs),
- Go to Jira Administration > System > Troubleshooting and support tools > Create support zip,
- Click 'Customize zip' and make sure 'Limit file sizes' option is marked with tick,
- Click Create zip and wait until your support zip file is created,
- Download zip.
5) I work with Jira Cloud and cannot subscribe to BigTemplate.
This might be due to an outage of Atlassian services. Navigate to Atlassian Status and check if Marketplace is operational. If you still cannot get BigTemplate subscribed, contact Atlassian Support.