YOU NEED TO HAVE A REGULAR BIGTEMPLATE PLUGIN INSTALLED (AND LICENSED SEPARATELY) FOR THIS FEATURE TO WORK
|Microsoft Excel||.xlsx||BigPicture, BigGantt|
|Microsoft Project||.mpx, mpp, .pdf||BigPicture, BigGantt|
|Image||.png, .jpg||BigPicture, BigGantt|
What can be exported
- Gantt (BigPicture and BigGantt);
- Risk (BigPicture);
- Roadmap (BigPicture);
- Resources (BigPicture).
If you want to use export - simply click Export in the top menu to open the export manager. Excel exports with a structure you can collapse and uncollapse:
If a given type has multiple file formats, a picker will appear at the bottom of this popup:
MS Excel export notes:
Currently 2 columns are added to clarify Work Breakdown Structure of your project:
- "Parent Key" column points to value from column "Id";
- "Parent Row" columns marks the excel row number of the parent task.
Soon it will be able to import links from your project.
Exported link format - "NT±L", where:
- N - row of the links target task;
- T - link type (FF - finish to finish; FS - finish to start; SF - start to finish; SS - start to start);
- ±L - lag time in days;
- multiple links are exported divided by comma.
Export to XML
Follow these steps:
- open Program/Gantt which you want to export;
- click Export → MSProject → XML;
- after redirecting to document: RightClick → Save as → Save file in .xml extension;
- open this file using your project viewer (MSProject, ProjectLibre, etc.).
2 kinds of PDF
A direct PDF option will export the Gantt as-is on screen. However, if you selecet PDF from MS Project's format picker, the exported file will have Project's visual styling:
You might have noticed one of the options is greyed-out on our screenshot. This happens if some technical requirements are not met.
To unlock the export manager, you need a licensed copy of our BigTemplate plugin. This will unlock Excel and .mpx for Project.
Unlocking visual exports
For BigTemplate 2.7.0-jira7 and later
It is required to install and configure Headless Chrome. Please remember about having compatible version of BigPicture or BigGantt installed (depends on the plugin you are using).
Here you can check which versions are compatible.
For earlier versions than BigTemplate 2.7.0-jira7
PDF and image exports also require a free library called PhantomJS on your server. It's a small service that emulates the browser and lets our tool capture a virtual screen, so to say. Simply Download and extract PhantomJS installation in a directory on your JIRA server. The required PhantomJS version is 2.1.1
Let's prepare your environment first. Contact you JIRA system administrator and ask them to install the following packages: which, fontconfig and any font packages available (for instance, gnu-free-fonts).
For CentOS/RHEL distributions it can be done using:
For Ubuntu/Debian distributions it can be done using:
Then download and extract phantomjs v2.1.1 from https://bitbucket.org/ariya/phantomjs/downloads. Lastly, either add /your-extracted-path/phantomjs/bin to your PATH environment variable, either copy the file located in that folder to your system binary folder (e.g. /usr/bin or /bin).
Roadmap, Resources, Risk
- Click "Export" button on page which you want to export;
- Click on appropriate button depends on what exported file's format should be.
- Wait until page loading ends.
- You will get proposal to choose path to save file or it will be saved to your default download folder (depends on browser's settings).