Iteration's and Program Increment's lifecycle
There are three statuses for every iteration/ Program Increment:
- Forecast - it will be executed in the future so it is still under planning,
- In progress - it is now during execution,
- Closed - it has already finished.
All the following transitions between statuses are allowed - Edit mode needs to be enabled first:
- Forecast → In progress and vice versa
- In progress/Forecast → Closed and vice versa
When closing a Program Increment, a user is prompted to decide what to do with open objectives afterwards.
All objectives previously marked as "Failed" will remain in a given status after reopening a Program Increment. These objectives will also be automatically cloned and added to the next iteration/Program Increment with status "Open".