Beside License Tab, yet another set of information necessary when contacting our Support Team. This is where you can Send or Download Fine-grained logs, get the Integrity Report, Clear Apps's Cache and more. If by any chance you've encountered any issues with the app and even after update of the app your problem persists, please contact our Support Team via our ServiceDesk (or by sending an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org) providing as many information describing the error as possible. Please remember, that the more detail we have on the issue, there's a higher chance that we will be able to help you resolving it in a first reply. Therefore, we are always more than happy, when we receive some screenshots of a section which the bug is related to, possibly with highlighted field where the defect occurs. Along with the above we would need you to send us information on the version of Jira which you are currently using and (if by any means you were unable to make an update to the latest release) version of our application as well as the Fine-grained Log.
Technical Info is divided into three major sections, which are:
This section allows us to perform basic troubleshooting actions or (whenever required) extract information which we can later send to the SoftwarePlant Support Team.
- In Detailed Logging sub-section we can pick an amount of information which will be stored in our application's logs. Any information logged here may be crucial when looking for app's errors, therefore when reproducing an error, we always recommend it to be set to 'Fine-grained' level.
- Support Data allows us to either send stored log files either via automated system or to download them to your device in order to send them later on via e-mail or Support ServiceDesk.
As we can see, the first two sub-sections are strictly connected to each other as they allow users to collect basic information required by SoftwarePlant Team in order to trace a potential bug that might be causing issues.
- Plugin Cache grants us a possibility to 'Show Cache Stats' or to 'Clear Cache' of our application. Beside restarting your Jira environment, the second option may be the first troubleshooting done on your own as the application may store some invalid entries in its cache. Once clearing it, the issue may be be easily be resolved.
- Integrity Checker can be another tool of "self-help" whenever we encounter issues with our application. Useful whenever the add-on does not respond properly in the environment in which it operates. It is here that we can check app's integrity report and in case of any flaws or defects we can try to re-establish its proper functioning by hitting: 'Fix Integrity Checker Errors'.
Downloading support zip with fine-grained logs
Here is a simplified step by step guideline on how to extract detailed logs:
- On an admin account, please go to the JIRA 'Administration' page → 'Add-ons' → Find BIGGANTT / BIGPICTURE section on your left-hand side → Go to 'Technical Info'
- Find and hit 'Fine-grained' under Troubleshooting section
- Essential step: Please go back to the app itself and try to reproduce the situation in which the error occurs
- Now go back to the 'Technical info', location from step 1, and hit 'Download' button right next to the Support Data sub-section.
This way we you will download a *zip archive with all necessary information for our tech support and dev teams to analyse.
Performance Info and DB Operations Audit
This section on the other hand is a tool of a preemptive type of troubleshooting, if we can call it that way. It is filled with a list of settings which allows us to define precautious actions regarding information and values input in our application. As they say: "better to be safe than sorry". It is here, that we can decide whether to save these values stored in the app's cache to our database every 30 minutes or to leave them be.
As per its header, this section also has an informative value, as by selecting the Source of stored info (whether it is App's Cache or our Jira Database), we are able to go through various classes, their methods and arguments through our Pagination buttons, for further analysis.