Various modules provide you with different insights into your data. As the terminology can vary from organization to organization, you can rename the modules to ensure their purpose is clear to everyone on your team.
In this section, you can use the toggle switches to specify which modules are available by default in all Boxes of a given Box type. Additionally, you can change the module names.
Activating the modules and editing their names functions the exact same way as in the Modules configuration section of a Box.
Keep in mind:
- A “Box type” contains the default settings applicable to multiple Boxes (all Boxes of a given type). Those settings are adjusted in Box type administration.
- Box configuration refers to the settings of a single, individual Box. They are dependent on the “Box type” settings.
Security and access
Only a user with the App admin security role can access and change the Box type configuration.
- Click the "wrench" icon at the top right and select "Box types" from the drop-down list.
- Click a Box type name to select it and open its settings.
- On the left, go to General > Modules tab.
Default module names
Default module names are the same for all Box types.
When you change a module name for a Box type:
- all respective links and tabs in the Box configuration are renamed as well.
- existing Boxes are not affected (a manual update is required for each existing Box).
Default active modules
When you deactivate a module, all related configuration tabs as well as the module links will disappear. You can reactivate the module at any time without losing your data.
Changes made to the default active Modules apply only to Boxes of a given type created after settings have been adjusted. Existing Boxes are not affected (a manual update is required for each existing Box).