Required skill value can be synchronized with a Jira field.
Default field - Labels (labels)
General vs custom configuration
Field mapping can be configured per Jira project.
Custom synchronization settings are on the right. Settings are created per a Jira project (not per Box).
Skills data is stored in the App only.
Synchronization with a "labels" field
All fields of type "label" are supported.
Synchronization with the "labels" field makes it possible to:
- execute bulk changes → you can handle multiple issues at the same time and assign/remove skills
- Search for tasks → skill information can be used in Jira searches
- automate skill assignment → you can use 3rd party add-on's such as Script Runner and Adaptavist
You can update the skill details in the way that you find most convenient:
- When you add/remove a skill a matching value is added as a label.
- When you add/remove a label a matching skill is added.
skill#skillname → skill labels always start with "skill#" making it easy to find and add an appropriate label. Spaces between words are replaced by "_" underscore signs.
You can't create a new required skill using a "labels" field.
The app can only recognize skills that already exist in Administration > Skills.
If a user adds a skill label when no corresponding skill exists in the app, the label behaves like a standard Jira label. Retroactively adding the skill to the app won't trigger the processing of tasks that already have labels.