In general, information on Security settings can be found on the following pages:
- Box Types - this page contains information on configuring the default Security settings that work as a template when you create new Boxes and the Inheritance mode.
- Global Roles - this page explains App Administration settings and how access to the App is granted to, for example, Jira users.
- Box configuration - this page explains what roles are available within the App and how to change them for an individual Box.
- Configuration of the App - you are on this page - it gives you information on how to activate/deactivate the use of roles within the App.
- Security - this page explains the impact of setting up security Roles for the Home (root) Box and lists available roles.
In this section, you can specify the App's security settings. By default, the "Permissions for Everyone" option is enabled.
Granting "Permissions for Everyone" is useful in small organizations or while evaluating the App. It is easier to test and learn how things work. But a live environment may require more advanced access control.
Security and access
- Only Jira administrators can access this page.
- To configure the security go to Jira settings (or administration) > Manage apps > BigPicture configuration > Security:
Users with permissions will see the App's name in on the Jira header:
Permissions for Everyone
When enabled, every logged in user has the same (Administrative) level of access which includes:
- App's administration
- Boxes and their content (depending on Jira permissions and security settings)
In the App's Administration > Security tab you will see a notice about the current security settings and you will not be able to configure any Security roles:
In the App itself, Box security roles settings will be also disabled.
When enabled, you will be able to assign roles globally for all Boxes in the App Administration or for selected Boxes in the Box configuration.