You can use the Resources module to view the utilization of your Resources on the Individual or Team levels.
This is where you can plan the work of your teams or assign tasks to team members. A simple drag and drop mechanism makes task assignment easy and intuitive.
Assigning a task to a team member does not mean that the task is assigned to a team. You can enable warnings to help you identify such situations.
Use drag-and-drop to re-position a task
To use this functionality, make sure that tasks are visible in the Resources module.
The drag-and-drop mechanism can be used both in Individuals and Team views.
Change the task period
Use drag and drop re-position a task on the timeline – simply drop the tasks into a new spot.
Keep in mind, scheduling dependencies still apply. If a task position is limited by a strong dependency, etc. it may not be possible to move a task. Also, moving one task may result in moving its parent/children.
moving PXVI-17 will move PXVI-16:
PXVI-19 must happen immediately after PXVI17
Assign a task to a user/team
Use drag and drop to assign a task to a different resource or team – simply drop the tasks in the resource's row.
Unassigned tasks scheduled for a given period are visible when you expand the "Unassigned" row.
- assigning a task to a team doesn't result in assigning it to a resource.
- assigning a task to an individual doesn't automatically assign a task to a team.
Click on a task to see a pop-up Box and easily check the team and assignee details. Use the find a perfect match feature to assign a task to a team or assignee.
The individual view represents a single Resource’s perspective, hence all the presented values are calculated for each resource separately. Bear in mind that the "Individuals with tasks" view represents only the Individual resources that are assigned to at least one task in the time scale displayed. This means that if a resource does not have tasks assigned within the displayed period, it will not be displayed.
Individuals view filters
In the Individual view, you can narrow down what users are being displayed:
- Individuals with tasks - all Box users are listed
- All team members - Box users who are members of Box teams are listed
- Members of a selected Box team - users from one selected team are listed
In the displayed time period, only active team users are listed. Once an individual resource is no longer a member of the team, the Box Admin should close their team membership.
Liam is a member of "Team Smartwatch" but his membership start date is set to 1st of August 2021.
He is not listed in June, because his membership hasn't started yet:
But is listed during his team membership period:
In Teams view, each row represents a single Team allocated to a Box. Think of this as a "team-centric" view. When enabled, the Team capacity value represents the sum of all team members' capacities (Workload plans) reduced by the number of non-working hours based on Holiday and Absence plans.
Team view Filters
There are additional inbuilt filters very useful when working with the team-centric view. Select one of the filters to focus on a particular team or show all teams.
Teams - "Unknown"
Most tasks are either unassigned (no team assigned) or are assigned to a particular team.
When the assignment is unclear, a task is placed in the Unknown category (below the "unassigned" row):
- "Other Box team" → a task has been assigned to a team, but that team doesn't exist in the context Box (the team hasn't been added to the Box you're in). The task is in a scope of another Box - in that Box the task is already assigned to a team.
- "Unknown" → team information can't be matched to any existing Boxes that contain a task (the task been assigned team information, such as a team code; however, no matching team has been found in any Boxes the task is in).
- "Undetermined" - in the app, multiple teams have the same information (team code). The app can't determine which team should the task belong to.